Scottish food is highly regarded for its quality.
We are especially proud of the food we serve to our guests. We grow fruit and vegetables organically in our garden. We choose the finest meat from our butcher who is a member of the Guild of Butchers showing that he carefully sources the meat he sells. Our fish, including the famous Arbroath smokie is delivered to our door. You can see our food travels a very small number of miles, which fits well with our green policy.We have recently been awarded a Taste our Best certificate from the Quality Assurance arm of Visit Scotland
Bed and Breakfast guests enjoy meeting other guests and, at Duntrune House, all guests eat with us at one large table in the dining room. This is all part of the Duntrune Experience and many friendships arise from this time of sharing travel stories.
For breakfast we provide
- a variety of cereals, home made muesli or porridge, yoghurt
- fresh fruit from the garden in season
- fruit juice, freshly brewed coffee, tea, toast and croissants
- grilled bacon, sausage, haggis, black pudding, tomato & mushroom
- boiled, poached or scrambled eggs, potato scones and baked beans
- Arbroath smokie
- local honey, marmalade and homemade jams
We provide for guests who require gluten and dairy free diets.